NEWS FLASH!!! I wasn’t a lover of books.
Trust me if you hide millions of dollars in a book, I wouldn’t get to see it… Well, you’re not in luck anymore because these days I would!!! I asked myself one day when I suddenly developed an interest for reading why I never like to read. The answer was Fear, Laziness and Procrastination. Fear – majorly because of my encounter towards my last session in school, every book looked like a punishment to me. Only books by James Hardley Chase, John Grisham, Mills & Boon were my all time favorite because they reminded me of my secret prince charming in the sky waiting for me to activate my feelings and love for me, or because I could easily go the last three chapters to know if Eduardo finally got to be with Cathalina… Every other book required my apt attention and focus, and I wasn’t ready for that. Until it dawned on me what valuable lessons I was missing out on….
P.S. I’m a sucker for suspense but a lover of beautiful surprises!
SO yeah, why do you read? I read for Growth, Knowledge and Articulacy. I also read to build my capacity and improve my skills. I joined a reading club at the beginning of the year where we are targeting to cover 100 Books. Some people feel its non-realistic, others are of the opinion that it’s too much, but for someone like me, it feels just right because it has pushed me to break free from holding back.
1. Books help you to feel more confident.
2. Books help you to travel around the world in the cheapest way.
3. Books develop your personality.
4. Books provide food for thought.
5. Books make you laugh and think.
6. Books draw you towards perfection.
7. Books stimulate creativity.
8. Books bring out writing talent.
9. Books help you in communicating.
10. Books clear your vision.
11. Books satisfy your curiosity.
12. Books help you make better choices.
13. Books help you build literary talent.
14. Books do not require any special device to teach.
15. Books increase your attention span.
16. Books are fruitful pastime.
17. Books can be used anytime, anywhere.
18. Books provide entertainment, when others fail.
19. Books make you powerful.
20. Books help you know the ‘Whys’ and ‘Hows’ of everything.
21. Books help you to create and spread fun.
22. Books help you travel across time intelligently.
23. Books keep you updated with facts and figures.
24. Books spread love, affection and knowledge.
25. Books make the best of friends.
26. Books take you to intellectual environment.
27. Books help you feel the world around you.
28. Books entertain your mind.
29. Books broaden your horizon.
30. Books bring Nature to your doorstep.
31. Books bring about a ‘personality change’.
32. Books increase comprehension.
33. Books do not require company.
34. Books are stress-busters.
35. Books develop a sense of belonging to people around you.
36. Books provide mental and physical relaxation.
37. Books act as a communication tool.
38. Books are intellectually satisfying activity.
39. Books provide spiritual experience.
40. Books provide emotional strength.
41. Books build your self-esteem.
42. Books help and encourage your imagination to soar.
43. Books make you smarter and wiser.
44. Books help you grow.
45. Books take you to a ‘world of dreams’.
46. Books can change your life and vision.
47. Books help you in achieving ‘life goals’.
48. Books develop wonderful experience.
49. Books transform lives.
50. Books inspire, books motivate, books build nations.
I challenge you to start reading books, good books today! It’s never too late. There are a lot of FREE Books on line to try out. Invest in your free time instead of always being on social media.
I’m currently reading SPIRIT DRIVEN SUCCESS by DANI JOHNSON