28. 04. 2018 || Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy.
This Gluten Free Dairy Free Carrot Cake Cheesecake features a healthy carrot cake bottom and a no-bake, dairy and sugar free cheesecake topping! Only 150 calories and perfect for the weekend!
So here’s how you go about it
- To make the carrot cake:
- 6 Tbsp Coconut flour (sifted (34g))
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs, (at room temperature)
- 2 Tbsps Coconut oil, (melted)
- 5 Tbsp Swerve Sweetener ((or granulated sweetener of choice))
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Grated carrots, (lightly packed)
- 3 Tbsp Pecans, (diced + additional for garnish)
- For the cheesecake topping:
- 1 8 oz Package dairy-free cream cheese, (softened (or regular cream cheese))
- 2 Tbsp Swerve sweetener ((or granulated sweetener of choice))
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 9 oz Package dairy-free whipped topping ((or tru whip))
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sifted coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the eggs, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the coconut flour mixture, and then beat it to make sure that the lumps are completely gone.
- Stir in the grated carrots and pecans until well mixed. Let stand for 10 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the moisture. It will be quite thick.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan, spreading evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Slice around the outsides of the cake, just to loosen it from the edges, and then let cool COMPLETELY.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, sweetener, lemon juice and vanilla until soft and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the dairy free whipped topping.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over top of the cooled carrot cake bottom and gently smooth it out evenly.
- Sprinkle with the coconut flakes, pressing in evenly. Garnish with additional pecans, if desired.
- Cover and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, thaw for 5 minutes or so and then slice and DEVOUR!
You could also use regular raw cane sugar, but this will change nutritional information
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(per 1/12 of the recipe)