25. 04. 2018 || Earth Preservation
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
This year’s focus is on “Ending Plastic Pollution”.
Plastic pollution is the accumulation of plastic products in the environment that adversely affects wildlife, wildlife habitat, or humans. Plastics that act as pollutants are categorized into micro-, meso-, or macro debris, based on size. Plastic pollution can afflict land, waterways and oceans.
WAYS TO REDUCE PLASTIC POLLUTION
1. Use reusable bags over plastic bags
2. Recycle plastics
3. Participate in a Beach, Drainage, Community or River Cleanup.
4. Refuse plastic straws in your drink. Use reusable cups.
5. Spread the word.
6. Support organizations addressing plastic pollution.
7. Cook real food. Forgo takeout containers, instead eat in.
What other ways can we end #plasticpollution