September 13, 2017 | Get Set; Go.
Summer is over!
Did I see a little frown there, oh my! 😁. How was the summer….. Well outside the hurricane, floods and disasters that graced the news this period, I’m thankful for a new season!
It’s the time where parents rush out to buy new school items for their children, school kids settle into their classes as they get acquainted with their classmates and teachers, college and university students are not left out; in the midst of the new school season how can one stay up to game with all the activities : assignments, early classes, school runs etc.
Here are ideal 5 steps to keep you going.
- Get an Organizer. This is a to-do list of all your daily activities lined up in order of preference and urgency. It helps you stay organized. It’s advised to be deliberate about this, it helps one stay focused.
- Have an alarm. I know right, alarm, really? Lol, well it does help. Alarms remind us when there’s a lag behind time, whether it be before wake up time, or after. One can set goals with alarms for start and stops.
- Engage the previous night. I arrange 50% of my day’s work load the night before, this is because on that day I can get so worked up that it’s easy to miss out on important stuffs.
- Set Deadlines. Deadlines helps us focus. Breakdown the goals into achievable milestones that can help you keep track of what you’re doing thereby keeping your eyes on the deadlines.
- Stay true to yourself. It’s normal to get worked up and mix a lot of things, you might even miss deadlines and keep postponing your alarm 😉 well, don’t stop trying, keep at it and soon enough you’ll get used to it. Habits aren’t formed in a day!
What other tips are you using during this period? Love to share?
Amara Chukukere 💞